Tuesday, January 25, 2011

guilt free carrot cake bites

I had a undeniable craving for carrot cake but as if I was about to bake up a double layer cake with rich cream cheese frosting and pretend to "give most of it away". The real story would be that I would have baked a cake, my husband would have had a sliver of it, and then for 5 or 6 consecutive days after (for breakfast and dinner), I would likely pick at it until very little was left, and then I would have put it in the garbage, disgusted in myself. Many would admit to retrieving cake out of the garbage but that's just going too far (even for me). So, I decided to bake up these little guilt free carrot cake bites which are just...scrumptious. They smell and taste like carrot cake without the guilt and you could totally make a little glaze to pour on top of them if you're absolutely nuts.

I adapted from this recipe by one of my favourite healthy blogs (not for the indulgent): Itty Bitty Carrot Cake Cookies. The only change I made was to use spelt flour for the whole wheat and it worked totally great. You can smell the maple syrup and coconut oil as the cookie balls are baking - enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment